Split Second (1992) (Limited Edition)
Title number 015 on our Black Label. See here for full range.
This Limited Edition version includes a slipcase and a booklet.
101 Films presents Split Second (1992), a dark, dystopian thriller starring Rutger Hauer (Blade Runner) as a veteran detective on the trail of a serial killer in a rainswept future London. Co-starring Alastair Duncan and Kim Cattrall and supported by a host of legendary British character actors, this newly restored presentation of the film is complemented with extensive new interviews with the filmmakers.
The year is 2008, and heavy rainfall has flooded large areas of London. Rookie police officer Dick Durkin (Alastair Duncan) is assigned to partner maverick Harley Stone (Rutger Hauer), a burnt-out and highly cynical homicide detective who was unable to prevent the murder of his partner by a serial killer three years earlier. Following a spate of murders it appears that the killer has returned, and Stone and Durkin are assigned to the case. After investigating the scenes of several slayings they appear no closer to identifying the killer, but a mysterious connection to Stone keeps the trail warm. As each gruesome murder draws the detectives closer to the killer, the killer gets closer to them, until they must finally confront the true evil that lurks below the streets of London.
Brand New Extras
- High Definition (1080p) presentation of the main feature in its original 1.85:1 aspect ratio, newly scanned, restored and colour graded in 4K from the 35MM internegative
- Audio Commentary by action film historian Mike Leeder and filmmaker Arne Venema
- “Great Big Bloody Guns!” Producer Laura Gregory & Actor Alastair (Neil) Duncan on Split Second (HD, 27:25)
- “Call Me Mr. Snips!” An Interview with Composer Stephen W. Parsons (HD, 22:21)
- “Stay In Line!” An Interview with Line Producer Laurie Borg (HD, 23:02)
- “More Blood!” An Interview with Creature Effects Designer Cliff Wallace (HD, 32:03)
- “Shoot Everything!” An Interview with Cinematographer Clive Tickner (HD, 18:57)
- Limited edition booklet: Includes 'Monster Mash: Making Split Second' by Scott Harrison, and 'Behind Blue Eyes: Rutger Hauer, Unlikely Action Star' by Phillip Escott
- Newly commissioned artwork by Keith Robinson
- Original 1992 Split Second “Making of” featurette featuring interviews with stars Rutger Hauer, Kim Cattrall, Alastair (Neil) Duncan, Michael J. Pollard, Writer Gary Scott Thompson and more! (SD, 6:12)
- Original 1992 behind the scenes feature featuring effects creator Stephen Norrington, cast and crew (SD, 3:31)
- Split Second Japanese Cut, full frame with burnt-in Japanese subtitles (SD, 95:00)
- Deleted Scenes from the Japanese Cut (English, burnt-in Japanese subtitles) (SD, 4:30)
- 7 Promotional TV Clips (SD) (SD, 13:33)
- U.S. VHS Home Video Promo (SD, 2:55)
- Theatrical Trailer (SD, 2:12)
- Certificate: 18
- Discs: 2 (Disc 1: Feature/Commentary, Disc 2: Special Features)
- Runtime: 349 mins
- Aspect ratio: 1.85:1
- Region: B
- Sound: Stereo PCM
- Language: English
- Subtitles: English HOH